Group Coaching under COVID-19 lockdown.
The ECB have updated their guidance about informal cricket activity in an outdoor environment which means I can now offer group coaching if you have appropriate outdoor facilities.
The headlines are:
• For all activity, social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (except between members of the same household).
• Playing cricket individually is permitted e.g. practice of individual cricket skills or fitness activities
• Playing cricket with people living in your household is permitted.
• Group cricket activity, training or fitness in groups is permitted, keeping two (2) metres apart at all times.
• Cricket coaches, can now undertake group sessions and they must comply with ECB safeguarding policies.
• Clubhouses can be reopened in a limited way for operational reasons (e.g. for access to first aid equipment) or for toilet access (see below) but all communal areas including bar, changing rooms etc. are to remain closed for general use.
• Toilet facilities can be opened if the venue wishes, but particular care should be taken by those using them and those cleaning them. Where they are open, venues must ensure soap and water is provided and they are cleaned regularly.
• No indoor cricket activity at all.
• We recommend using your own equipment if possible. If equipment is being shared, please follow UK Government’s guidance on the sharing of equipment. Players should stick to using one ball in training either by bringing their own or being assigned a numbered ball that is cleaned in between sessions.
• No saliva or sweat should be applied to the ball at any time.
• Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible.